Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer is here!

I know that I promised a report on my RS trip of this past weekend. I'll try to get around to it in the next few days, because I'm headed off on my second Road Trip on Monday - this time to Detroit for the three game Tigers-Red Sox series. My first trip back to Michigan in a loooong time! I'm meeting some of my UofM gfs on Monday night for dinner - I'm so excited to see them and relive the "glory days"!

But, today is the first day of summer for me. School adjourned at 11:30 this morning with the last final exam given. YEAH! I celebrated by going out to lunch with "the girls," a nice leisurely lunch downtown. A rare treat! I got home just in time to see Jason Varitek hit his second homer of the afternoon game vs. the Twins - and before he and three others were ejected in the 7th inning. Fireworks in the mid-afternoon.

One of my favorite parts of summer is watching the blooming of my beautiful hydrangeas. My biggest baby became ill last fall, and half of it died. But the outer branches are thriving and blooming. I've doused them all with some sort of chemical that makes the blooms bright blue - just like the gorgeous versions on Block Island.

So I know the season is here when I see this:


Awesome! And I must show off my beautiful clematis as well:

It totally went berserk this year - I was afraid the trellis would collapse.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit to really doing nothing to contribute to these. I have no gardening skills whatsoever!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Happy Summer Break, Beth!

And it was great to meet you. Finally.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home