Monday, February 13, 2006

It's Truck Day!

Yes, I meant to capitalize that. Today is the TRUE harbinger of Spring - much more so than some rodent popping out of the ground. It's Truck Day - the day they load up all the equipment over at Four Yawkey Way, and take it to Fort Myers for Spring Training. As I write, they're packing boxes of baseballs, bats, uniforms, bandaids, and getting ready! Yeah! It's become almost another holiday in Boston (and is continuing despite the record snows over the weekend). Here's a description of the scene from Joe over on "Surviving Grady":
So...I live on Mass. Ave, right by the Orange Line stop. I'm walking back to my apartment, and I'm by Symphony Hall, and I start hearing a song...and I wonder, "where have I heard that before?"

Well, it was the Dropkick Murphy's "Tessie," and I hadn't heard it since the season, when we had the games on in the souvenir store, augmented by the crowd across the street, seeing the commercials with Millar's walk-off, and Ortiz's Sunday afternoon blast off B.J. Ryan...

So I turn around, and there's Wally, throwing squishy baseballs from a flatbed truck, with the Fenway Embassadors joining in...and they're being followed by a gigantic Truck.

I have experienced Truck Day, my friends. And it is a glorious day that God has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

And I got two squishy balls. Giggidy goo

Speaking of the snow - did you know that it costs the city of New York $1 million per inch to remove snow. PER INCH?!!


So Cheney finally shot a guy. I was just watching the press conference from the White House, and it was pretty funny. They kept referring to the VP as "the shooter." Too bad Scalia wasn't with Dick on this trip. Great spin here:
Mary Matalin: “He felt badly, obviously. On the other hand, he was not careless or incautious or violate any of the [rules]. He didn’t do anything he wasn’t supposed to do.”
And does he become more like Aaron Burr every day?? Of course, Burr did shoot a Cabinet member, which gives him a leg up on the Worst VP Ever award.

1 Comments:

Blogger sittingstill said...

"He felt badly, obviously."

He shot pretty badly, too!

CNN.com had a great tag for a while... something to the effect of "Cheney may have violated key rule of hunting." Yes, DON'T SHOOT PEOPLE is pretty high up on the list!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home