Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Pat's - and welcome back Tek!


Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope you're having some kind of celebration. I am - and also celebrating the fact that Tek is on his way back to Fort Myers where he belongs. Yes, I'm sorry the USA didn't manage to make the semi-finals of the WBC - although part of me reveled in watching yet another "disappointed" face from A-Rod! But the best news is the Jason Varitek can now get back to Spring Training and start whipping those pitchers into shape. The Sox don't seem to be taking ST very seriously this year - although that seems to be epidemic. Jason Stark was on Mike & Mike yesterday, talking about how he attended a Yankee's ST game the other day where the average player number was like 75 (for those of you who don't follow baseball as rabidly as I, the high numbers are traditionally given to minor leaguers and non-roster invitees - so this wasn't the A-team!)

I won't be blogging for the next week or so - I'll give details later! - but it's nice to think that when I'm back on-line, it'll only be a week until opening day! In the meantime, here is the Weight Watchers' version of the traditional Irish Blessing:

May your fruits be sweet and tasty.
May your veggies be fresh and crisp.
May your vitamin go down easy.
And your walks pleasant and brisk.

And until we meet again…
Let your weight loss be steady
And your steps be light.
And may good choices find you
Each morning and night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home