Sunday, April 16, 2006

Braves v. Padres

I'll have more details later, but I had a fun weekend in Atlanta. Saw a classic pitchers' duel Saturday night - John Smoltz pitched a complete game victory over Jake Peavey. Sunday, Woody Williams got a victory over John Thomson - after the bullpen blew it for him. (Sound familiar). But I did get a chance to get reaquainted with a few old friends:


Talk about gracious! Dave Roberts saw my Red Sox jersey and came right over to sign an autograph for me. Kept saying how great the Boston fans were!
Got to see this familiar sight in two games - Bellhorn pitch-hitting - and striking out. But still looking quite fine doing it!

One of the biggest changes Edgar Renteria has discovered in Atlanta is that when you're on the DL for the Braves, you still have to work at the games: