Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday night not at Fenway

Writing before the battle begins at Yankee Stadium

What an awesome game last night! I had kind of written off the game - we were down 2-1 going into the bottom of the eighth, and that expensive bullpen of the Orioles was taking over. However, our Offense had something else in mind! With the bases loaded, I'm yelling at the tv - "Pinch hit for Wily Mo!" But Terri Francona is brilliant. He left in Pena - who'd had a double earlier - and he delivered a grand slam home run Red Sox win, 5-2. It was sooo exciting.

It was almost overshadowed by "Sock-gate." While I was watching the game Wednesday night - forced to watch MASN's coverage due to a NESN blackout on DirectTV - I couldn't believe when I heard Gary Thorne matter-of-factly mentioning that Schilling's "bloody sock" was actually paint - "Doug Mirabelli admitted it later." WHAT? I asked on SG if anyone had heard about this - the responses were shocked. Well, as you know, it all blew up - all of the parties seem to agree that Thorne overheard Dougie giving it to Schill and thought it was serious. It was a crazy day all day Thursday - furious blog posts and talk radio discussion. Amazing that something that happened almost three years ago could still resonate so with fans.

So, tonight starts a three game set at Yankee Stadium. I'm worried that I'll have to watch YES - we'll have to see what EI carries. And after a week of phone calls to my local Fox station, I finally went in person to their offices this afternoon - and they claim they'll broadcast the Sox-Yankees game tomorrow. I have never been so excited over the prospect of hearing Buck and McCarver!

Off for tonight's game!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home