Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Random Wednesday Thoughts

For April 4th.

1) Starting off with a non-baseball note. Last week, we had a visit at school from an alum of the class of 1987, Jon Meacham. Jon is editor-in-chief of Newsweek - and he's sssoo smart! He was funny, engaging and erudite - and I remember him as a little 9th grader! What was coolest for me - he rubs elbows with presidents, kings, ambassadors, writers - but to him, I'm Ms R!

2) The weather??? Totally nuts. It was 85 here yesterday, 65 today, 55 predicted for tomorrow. At least we're not getting the snow they're getting in New England today.

3) Yeah. The season is finally re-starting tonight. How odd to have one game, then they get a day off. Although I see that the Braves had a similar schedule. Weird.

4) Josh Beckett pitching tonight. Fingers crossed - I really want him to have an awesome outing. If we're going to go anywhere this year, we need him to pitch strongly.

5) Opening day at Fenway sounds awesome. They're going to do a salute to the '67 Impossible Dream team - I think I read that they've got 20 members of that team attending. Yaz and Dick Williams, too. And I love that we've got Harry Connick Jr to sing the anthem. (One of the scarier moments in Monday's game - besides the team's performance - was seeing REO Speedwagon sing the Anthem. OMG, Kevin Cronin what happened to you??)

6) Finally, what I love most about the pre-game show on NESN:
Eck. Aaah..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home