Sunday, May 06, 2007

What a waste

AP Photo
I hate waste - and I especially hate to see a good pitching effort come to naught. Last night, our fifth starter, Julian Tavarez, pitched his best game of the season - 4 hits, 2 earned runs and 7 strikeouts (which is two short of his personal best). Unfortunately, he fell victim to Tim Wakefield Syndrome - total lack of run support. Team left on base: 12. Twelve!! Yes, Santana pitched well - but we didn't capitalize on his few mistakes. Just a total bummer of a game - well, except for Pedrioa's double. Yeah, Munchkin!

Today we've got Schill on the hill. Minnesota has the always interesting Ponson. Fingers crossed that I get the NESN broadcast - the two guys over on FSN North to whom I've been subjected for the past two games are driving me to drink. An early peek over at EI has the NESN broadcast, so looking good!

And a garden update. My hydrangeas still look pitiful - but check out my clematis. It's gorgeous!


ETA: Happy 05-06-07!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home