Monday, February 25, 2008

Photo Day

Getty Images photo - Nick Laham
Yesterday was Photo Day in Fort Myers - all the players wear their home whites and get their official photo snapped.

The above photo is some of those posted on Getty Images. I'm hoping more come thru as the week progresses. But this one of the Captain, Jason Veritek, just screams "Mount Rushmore" to me.

In other news: last night the 80th annual Academy Awards were held. I got 12 out of the 24 categories - the "lesser" awards did me in! I was shocked that Marion Cottillard beat out Julie Christie for Best Actress - both were fantastic, but I thought Christie might ride the sentimental vote into the win. Cottillard was fantastic as Piaf - totally unrecognizable if you saw her in "A Good Year." No shock that Daniel Day-Lewis won. He is such a fantastic actor - even though his "method" is pretty frickin' weird. I'm so glad the song from "Once" won best song - the whole story behind that film is so cool.

Never say Atonement. Never say No Country for Old Men. Too much like a homework assignment.

Favorite dress: Katherine Heigl in red. Amy Adams' great dark green dress - which won my vote because I think it would look great on me!

First live game is Friday, 7pm on NESN!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, I have not seen any of the movies up for the award. Though I plan to see "No Country" when it comes out on DVD.

One question? Is Clooney slowly turning into this generations version of Jack?

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home