Wednesday, June 04, 2008

David Aardsma is a doll

After the pitchers stretched on Sunday afternoon, and after most had headed in to the Clubhouse, David Aardsma stayed behind and signed a ton of autographs. But his instruction to those waiting: "I'll only sign for the kids." (I think a lot of MLB players try to do that nowadays, because of the resale market on signatures). He ran over to right where I was standing and started signing. Tex would have loved that someone made a derogatory comment about Texas (he went to Rice) and he quipped that he'd have none of that. I started snapping, and complimented him on his great pitching performance (and win) the night before - for which he thanked me. I asked if he'd been lonely out in the bullpen Friday night (he was the ONLY guy left out there at the end of that 13 inning marathon!), and he said no. They'd left him out there on purpose, to scare the Orioles!

I love that he wears the high socks - I have a special fondness of that retro look. And are those killer eyelashes or what??

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Great story about Aardsma, Beth.

It's nice to know that some of the guys are as nice in real life as you'd like to believe they are.

Nice picture as well!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

ok Aardsma is my new fav player...perhaps he can be an Adopted Texan :)

thanks for the story

9:38 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

WE were commenting that he is one who really seems to be enjoying the Majors - soaking up every minute. I think that's neat!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home