Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brief update

Yeah, I'm Boston and having a great time so far. Spent a few days with two of my sisters - one in CT and one in NH - then came into the Hub on Monday morning. I've been eating too much - drinking too many beers - and enjoying the sights.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I visited the Museum of Science for the first time. It would be a great place to take kids - lots of interactive exhibits - but I was there to see their "Baseball as America" exhibit. They brought in a ton of stuff from the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, including Schilling's Bloody Sock and Lowell's hat from the '07 World Series - and it was great fun. I think I spent over 90 minutes soaking it all in. At one point, I was asking an employee a question and she said, you must really be enjoying this. I saw you earlier with a big smile on your face!

And a note for those wishing to go: they have some great discounts available IF YOU ASK! When I did, I discovered that teachers get in FREE! I just had to show a faculty ID and I saved the $19.50 admission. Wow!

After I walked over to the North End and had "the best pizza in America" (according to a fellow tourist outside) at Pizzeria Regina. Good - but heavy. That didn't stop me from visiting Mike's Pastry for an incredible tiramisu! Then pre-game at the Cask 'n' Flagon with friends from Surviving Grady.

Of course, I nearly got to see a no-hitter last night - but not by the Red Sox, unfortunately. I must admit that by the 8th, I was kinda hoping John Lackey would get the no-hitter - it would have been fun to have seen one in person (One of those Bucket List items, I think).

Karma must change tonight. I've been to 5 losses in a row - 2 in Tampa, then Friday's loss to the Yankees (although I had a great time and have great seats), then these two vs. Angels. WE WILL WIN TONIGHT!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, I'm glad you are having a great time. Can't wait to see some pictures from your trip!

7:44 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

So it's all your fault! You're 0 for 6. Bummer.

The Museum of Science sounds great. Do they give discounts/free passes to people who've come 12000 miles? Or, finally a use for my AARP membership:)

4:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

retro jordans
adidas nmd
michael kors outlet online
adidas ultra boost
yeezy boost 350
nike roshe uk
nike air max thea
michael kors outlet
kobe basketball shoes
michael kors outlet

9:21 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

mbt shoes online
armani outlet
ugg boots
polo outlet
ralph lauren outlet
cheap jordan shoes
detroit lions jerseys
pittsburgh steelers jersey
michael kors outlet
instyler max 2
2017.5.6

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home