Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh well

I am trying to ignore the results of this afternoon's Red Sox/Toronto game. Oh, okay, we lost 11-0. Because of the Fox embargo on all afternoon games, I wasn't able to watch the debacle - I listened to it (for a while) on WRKO (via mlb.com) instead. Gratefully, I dozed off before the Jays' bats and Jon Lester went nuts - awoke to find it already 6-0.

What is interesting is that the NESN live broadcast was blacked out, yet the re-broadcast tonight is NOT blacked (most usually are outside of New England). If I had one moment with Bud Selig, (would ask him (well, after I kicked him in the gibleys) to explain to me the intricacies of what gets blacked out and what doesn't. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

UPDATE on my guys: Michael's 4 x 400 m relay team finished 4th today, so no medal for him. But what a great experience. He's one of the top runners in the country now - and I look forward to hearing more from him during his senior year at Wake Forest and in the future. Also, Adam was eliminated from the US Amateur in the semi-finals. I caught some of the match this afternoon, and he had some amazing shots. Keep an eye out for him!

Finally, I curse the day I was convinced to join Facebook! Talk about another way to kill time - like a need a further excuse to spend more time online. So, to regain my soul, I am now logging off and going to read a book! Current book: "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer - the final volume of the Twilight Vampire series. I just can't put them down!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

//I had one moment with Bud Selig, (would ask him (well, after I kicked him in the gibleys) to explain to me the intricacies of what gets blacked out and what doesn't.//

Beth, you'll be happy to know that I heard a guy on the MLB channel talking about next season there will be NO blackouts if you have the EI package. WOOT!

Today most definitely sucked.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home