Friday, June 26, 2009

An update from the road






The Washington leg of my Red Sox road trip wrapped this morning. Kelly & I went to two of the three Red Sox-Nationals' games - and had a ton of fun! The Sox won Wednesday, 6-4, in a fairly tight ballgame. Homers from Tek and Big Papi made the difference. Unfortunately, they lost Thursday night, a game which marked the return to pitching for John Smoltz. He was shaky at the outset - giving up 4 runs in the first. But then he seemed to settle down, finishing by striking out the side in the 5th. I think we might see some fun stuff from him this year.

Meanwhile, Kelly once again proved to be an expert at procuring tickets. Wednesday night, we were in separate seats, albeit in adjoining sections. I was literally in the first row on the right field side of the Nats' dugout. But the next night was fantastic. In the picture at top, I am literally standing at my seat. First row behind home. I was closer to the batters than the pitcher. It provided some solace for the loss.

This morning, we left our Nation's Capital, and are here in Atlanta for three games between those "natural rivals," the Red Sox and Braves. And tonight, we are have purchased VIP passes to stand on the field during batting practice! I doubt they'll let me take a swing, but you never know!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home