Sunday, April 13, 2008

Waiting for baseball

Killing time until a late start of 8:00 for the Sox and Yankees (thanks alot, ESPN)

*Been a whirlwind of a few days. I hosted my Bunco group Thursday night, went up to Nashville for an (overnight) seminar Friday/Saturday, and then had a wedding to go to Saturday night. Phew. So, today, Sunday, has been catch-up day.

*I belong to a wonderful group called Delta Kappa Gamma. It's an international society for "key women educators," and I've enjoyed being a part of it. As a faculty member in an independent school, it's a great way to connect with my public school counterparts; as a taxpayer, it's great to get a different perspective on how my tax dollars are being spent. My chapter, Gamma Lambda, is fairly new - I was initiated in only the second year of its existence. Recently, I was elected Chapter President (!), and I went to a workshop for new officers. Got me very excited about my two years in office.

*One of my dear friends on the faculty, Suzie, married off her eldest daughter Saturday night - and threw a fantastic party. Suzie is from New Orleans originally, and the reception paid tribute to her roots. They passed pralines and Hurricanes; there was crawfish, crab cakes, beignets...Yum! And premium liquor at the open bar - I ordered a vodka tonic and was surprised to see Absolut being poured! The reception was at the Fairyland Club ( it's pronounced "Fairland") atop Lookout Mountain, a fantastic spot with a view of the whole valley . It's right next to Rock City - and I'm sure I saw 7 states last night!

*Am I a really horrible person to be cheering AGAINST Tiger Woods this weekend? I'm so bored with him - yes he's great, but I want to see someone else have success. That's why Trevor Immelman's story is so fantastic.
Photo by David Cannon/Getty Images

*Round one of Red Sox vs. Yankees this weekend, and they've split so far. I haven't been able to watch either game - Friday I was out of town and yesterday I was at the wedding - so I'm really looking forward to following tonight's game LIVE!

In the meantime, some great photos from Kelly from last night:


Let's win this series!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth,

Ang plays Bunco with a group of women from church once a month. I don't know much about it other than I'm supposed to watch the kids!

Sounds like you need a day off to recover from the weekend. Baseball every night should help, right?

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home