Sunday, June 08, 2008

JD!

I have to admit, I haven't always been JD Drew's biggest supporter. I've never been a JD-basher, but I just haven't embraced him and cheered for him. I know he had a lot of things going on last year - adjusting to a new league, a sick child - but I did question Theo's judgement a few times.

But JD has really stepped up his performance level - which we desperately need with David Oritz out of the lineup. Today, Drew hit his 8th HR - and he's been an offense machine this weekend.

And his defense --
AP Photo by Michael Dwyer
Awesome catch in today's game!

So maybe, maybe, we might make it through all these DL stints by our star-starters.

As for Cincinnati, I've been trying to figure out the pitching matchups. It looks to me like it'll be:

Friday - Harang v. Wakefield
Saturday - Volquez v. Masterson
Sunday - Bailey v. Beckett

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted D said...

Beth, I hate to think where we'd sit right now if JD hadn't stepped up when Papi got hurt. Every year it's a guy you don't expect; Scenic last year when Manny missed some time, JD this year.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Tex said...

if Bailey pitches vs Beckett...its Two Texas Boys dueling

8:02 PM  
Blogger HorshamScouse said...

Masterson pitched well enough to win, shame Harang pitched better than he has for ages.

Hope you lot had a great time. Timmeh tomorrow, at breakfast time for me.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home