Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fisk shirt mojo

It seems like I've started every post lately with a lament about what an ugly game had occured the night before. And I could start today the same way. I'll only say 15-3. Sad, pitiful, and unexpected from our Sox. They left the bases loaded - twice! They now are batting .159 with runners in scorign position.

But, I have a distinct feeling that things will change tonight. We are just due to break out. But to boost that feeling, I am wearing my Carlton Fisk shirt. There is an incredibly powerful mojo associated with this shirt. I donned it about half-way thru game 4 of the 2004 ALCS - and every game for the rest of the 2004 season. And we know how that worked out. I also wore it for that memorable game on July 31st at Fenway - when Manny became Manny again. So, listen up, Devil Rays, just go home right now!

One thing I meant to mention yesterday. How did I EVER make it through last season without my own computer?! "Santa" gave me one this year (although why it got charge on my AMEX card, I don't know...) - and it was the best gift! I can watch the game, follow the angst on the SoSH and Remy Boards, keep track of all the minutiae via mlb.com's Game Day...and surf the net. All at the same time! Awesome!

Go Sox!!